Dr. Edva Roditty-Gershon
2.16 Howard House, Queen’s Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1SD, UK
Date and place of birth: April 7th, 1982, Israel
Marital status: Married + 2
- September 2014-, Senior Research Associate in Number Theory, Department of Mathematics, Bristol University, Bristol, UK.
- 2005-2006: Application engineer in Mercury Interactive Corporation.
- 2015-2016: Bristol University, Tutor for Calculus.
- 2015-2016: Bristol University, Tutor for Linear Algebra.
- 2008-2014: Tel Aviv University, Tutor for various Math courses: Calculus 2c, Calculus for Engineers, Methods in Calculus for Engineers, Mathematics for Management.
- 2008-2014: lecturer of the course “Mathematics for Biologists”.
- 2007-2008: Tel Aviv University, Tutor for various Math courses.
- 2006-2007: Tel Aviv University, Assistant in the Math department.
- 2010-2014: PhD. in Mathematics, Tel Aviv University, Israel. Thesis title: LOW-LYING ZEROS OF L-FUNCTIONS. Advisor: Prof. Zeev Rudnick. To be submitted in July 2014.
- 2006-2010: Msc. in Mathematics (Graduation with distinction), Tel Aviv University, Israel. Thesis title: ON GAMMA FACTORS AND BESSEL FUNCTIONS FOR REPRESENTATIONS OF GENERAL LINEAR GROUPS OVER FINITE FIELDS. Thesis advisor: Prof. David Soudry.
- 2002-2005: Bsc. in Mathematics and computer science, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- Number theory, L-functions, random matrix theory.
- Referee for “Communications in Mathematical Physics”.
- Referee for “International Mathematics Research Notices”.
- Referee for “The American Mathematical Monthly”.
- 2013:Excellent PhD student prize, Tel Aviv University.
- 2009:Excellent Tutor prize, Tel Aviv University.
Organization of conferences
- Number Theory in Function Fields Workshop, University of Bristol, April 2017: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/maths/events/2017/functionfields.html
- 2000-2002 served in the IDF intelligence forces. Discharged as a sergeant.